NOW HIRING: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Downtown Shreveport Unlimited (DSU), a 501(c)6 organization, founded in 1959, is seeking a new Executive Director to replace its current Director who is retiring. DSU provides private sector leadership and coordination in the revitalization of the Central Business District of Shreveport, Louisiana. DSU seeks to improve the quality of life in the Central Business District by promoting downtown festivals, projects and events and to provide a forum for members, downtown property owners and tenants to express concerns and interest regarding legislative and economic issues.
• Promote and manage existing festivals and to implement new projects, festivals and events to improve the quality of life in downtown Shreveport. DSU directly sponsors two festivals, Mudbug Madness (established in 1984) and BREW, a premier beer tasting event.
• Coordinate with the Shreveport-Bossier Convention & Tourist Bureau to promote tourism in downtown Shreveport.
• Act as a liaison with businesses located in the Central Business District of Shreveport and various local and state agencies and private organizations, coordinating projects with these groups as deemed necessary and appropriate to develop activities in the Central Business District of Shreveport, Louisiana that help enhance the quality of life in the area.
• Provide private sector leadership and coordination in revitalization of Downtown Shreveport in regard to festivals and events.
• Experience and demonstrated success in promoting and managing large multi-day festivals and other quality of life events including but not limited to marketing and promotions, booking entertainment, site coordination, working with vendors and fundraising from event sponsors;
• Experience and demonstrated success working with volunteer boards/commissions, and multiple stakeholder groups and in supervising and working with volunteer driven organizations;
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or other related fields;
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role in promoting and managing large multi-day festivals and other quality of life events;
• Experience in strategic planning, budgets and finance;
• Experience in overseeing operations of a 501(c)6 business league;
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions regarding this position, please call (318) 226-5641.